Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Be Back Soon!


Hello all!  Sorry I’ve been away for so long…I’ve been working.  But I’m off until Saturday night, so I have some free time on my hands!

What is one to do with free time??  Have a party, of course! J I’m hosting a Thanksgiving-themed dinner party at my house tomorrow night.  I have put myself in charge of both the turkey and the desserts.  Yes, I said turkey.  I’ve NEVER actually cooked a turkey…have you??  I’m completely optimistic (probably naively so), but I’m sure it can’t be that difficult.  You just remove the innards, slab some butter and s & p in all of the crevasses and throw it in the oven, right??

I’ll be calling Maw Maw again to ask her if she’ll lead me in the right direction as far as the “recipe” or “method” goes.  O, and I have to ask her how to make a good gravy.  I’m assuming you use the drippings, add some flour, and seasonings…but then I don’t know what you do next to insure a) you have enough and b) it doesn’t taste like a salty-flowery mess.

I’ll be sure to fill you in on all of the outcomes.  I’m also making Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Cheesecake and possibly one of my grandmother’s famous pecan pies…or the Pioneer Woman’s Dreamy Apple Pie…can’t decide.  Isn’t there some sort of rule that you aren’t supposed to try new recipes on company?  Especially when your guest list is in the double digits??  O well, I guess rules were meant to be broken?!  J  I hope it all turns out!  There’s only one way to know…

I’ll be back soon with details, recipes, and pictures!  I hope you guys have had a wonderful week!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment