Thursday, October 7, 2010

Afternoon Fall Delight

I absolutely adore all things PUMPKIN.  When Fall comes around, I do all I can to get my "fix."  I also am a huge COFFEE LOVER!!!  Put the two together, and I am in hog heaven :-)  If you are a pumpkin lover like me, you will absolutely L-O-V-E this.

I have been meaning to go to Starbucks for weeks to have one of their Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, but for a number of reasons, I just haven't gotten around to it.  I was at Central Market last week and bought some pumpkin butter (which looked o-so-appealing).  It turned out to be better than I ever hoped.  Spread it on a hot english muffin, mix it into pancakes (I'll be back with pictures of that soon!!), or enjoy it in a homemade pumpkin spiced latte!!

Here's how I did it:


 Here's what you'll need.  PUMPKIN BUTTER (If your local grocery store doesn't have pumpkin butter, you can make your own!), freshly brewed coffee (or espresso), milk (I used 1%), vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sugar.



Measure out your milk.  
(This is the amount for one latte, since Phillip was still slaving away at work while I enjoy homemade lattes.  Thanks for all you do, Love!)


Next, spoon out a teaspoon of pumpkin butter.  
(You'll need 2 teaspoons if you are making 2 lattes.) 



 Pour your milk into a heavy bottom skillet.



 Drop in your spoonful(s) of pumpkin butter.



 And then lick the spoon 'cause it's a sin to let any of it go to waste :-)



Add the vanilla.  Don't you just adore the smell of vanilla extract?



 Then add in a teaspoon (or 2) of granulated sugar.



 Sprinkle in some cinnamon, then stir.



 Bring to a rolling boil.



 Then turn off the heat and whisk until frothy.



 Pour some coffee into your favorite mug.



 Then pour in the yummy milk mixture.



 Spoon the foam over the top.



 And top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.



Yum!!!



I hope y'all have a great afternoon!!!


Pumpkin Spiced Latte:
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons pumpkin butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups brewed coffee or 1 1/2 cups espresso

Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
Sprinkle of nutmeg (optional)

Pour the milk, pumpkin butter, vanilla extract, sugar, and cinnamon into heavy bottom skillet.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Remove from heat and whisk until frothy.  Set aside.  Pour brewed coffee or espresso into mug.  Pour milk mixture on top (reserving foam).  Spoon foam over top.  Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment